Our clients have said that Cundall take a refreshingly positive approach to engineering design. We do this because we are positioned at the forefront of developments in sustainability in the built environment. We foster collaboration and creativity as we are driven by the consideration of people first. We use our ideas and in-house research to prove by example that 'being sustainable' and commercial pragmatism can happily co-exist.
We provide a full range of sustainable design services for the built environment with particular expertise in carbon reduction, improving the quality of indoor environments, water conservation and sustainable materials.
We tailor our service to suit your aspirations – such as cost-effective compliance, using the latest energy and environmental legislation, achieving a specific sustainability objective, or even delivering a zero carbon, zero waste, zero water building.
We make it our business to understand in detail how resources are used in real buildings, and we use this expertise to turn design intent (virtual) into actual performance (reality). Our specialist sustainability service consultancy turns corporate aspirations into reality – offering masterplanning; detailed realistic building simulation and analysis; as well as performance improvements for existing buildings.
Our aim as sustainable designers is to incorporate practical, functional and easy to maintain designs, in an integrated manner to achieve the project vision. There are key areas of focus needed in order to have a successful project design. These may include:
- Integrated building design management
- Life cycle cost and embodied impact assessment
- Functionality (user focussed) in order for it to be easily managed and maintained
- Supply chain assessment is vital to ensure responsible sourcing is achieved whilst also reducing embodied carbon
- Low or no potable water design
- Construction waste is one if the biggest global issues – focussing the design team to understand their impact on construction waste is vital from the outset for a project to successfully design out waste
- Health and wellbeing of the occupants
- Social value created to surrounding community
Our environmental leadership has been recognised through various awards, including winning awards for “Practising what we preach”.