10 years ago, Cundall established its IT and audio visual (AV) design consultancy.
Founding members John Lane and Chris Grundy initially provided vendor independent IT consulting to end user clients relocating their business, predominately focused on office relocation. We now offer a tailored IT and AV consulting led service across multiple industry sectors and are active in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Our work extends from initial strategy and business case support, through to design, procurement and project delivery.
One of the significant achievements has been to establish credibility beyond the initial office relocation service, demonstrated by a few highlights from an extensive project portfolio:
One of the UK’s largest new colleges - £120m Sussex Coast College
Lifestyle and sports
The world’s largest rugby stadium, Twickenham - South Stand, and 2015 upgrade programme
Advising banking, betting, retail, government and social media companies on data centre relocation, new build and upgrades.
Deloitte’s london campus and recent office fit-outs for clients ENI Saipem, Pernod Ricard and Latham & Watkins
Project Managing the IT operations and hotel pre-opening for Durham Radisson
London Clinic Private Hospital
Exclusive developments such as One Hyde Park
UK estates encompassing offices, laboratories, training centres and disaster recovery sites
The clients we now have are typically a business or organisation who require:
- Their IT strategy to align with their growth and operations
- An independent view on technology investment
- Office fit-out or data centre relocation
- Simplification and operational cost reduction
- Developing or re-developing a Hotel, Sports Stadia/Venue and College or University
A look to the future
We are very proud of our achievements and the benefits we have achieved for our clients over the last 10 years. Many clients who worked with us at the beginning are still working with us now.
We are acutely conscious the world will be a different place moving forward. Back in 2005 the iPhone didn’t exist, Facebook was just getting going at Harvard and the idea of a credit crunch and deep global recession would be laughed off. It is highly likely that neither the technology we will be advising on or some of our future clients exist yet. It is this combination of opportunity and uncertainty which really drives us as we help our clients successfully navigate their business and technology opportunities and challenges.
What is for sure, with an established track record and great people, we look forward to the future.
Personal highlights on the 10 year journey:
Chris Grundy (Director) and Rory Donoghue (Principal Consultant) cast their minds back and recall a few personal highlights:
- Learning about our clients (Chris) – “client research at the Happy Valley Races, Hong Kong and Rugby at Twickenham Stadium”
- Challenging a client (Chris) – “being a few seconds away from being thrown off a client project, but later congratulated and asked to re-write their standards”
- Making a difference (Chris) – “everything we do has a benefit for our clients, most recently helping charity Community Service Volunteers reduce their IT operational expenditure”
- Innovating (Chris) – “We work in multiple industry sectors, this variety of clients and technology is a key strength. Our people are continually learning and asking can innovation in one sector be applied in another?”
- Privileged Insight (Rory) – “working with multiple clients in both the public and private sectors”
- Best business trip (Rory) – “site visit to Milan’s Domo Cathedral to review a LED building wrap”
- Best mock-up (Rory) – “testing the fully operational 7 star Junior Suite built for exclusive Hotel resort, Dubawi Island, Palm Jumeirah”
For further information along with a client benefits infographic of recent work can be found here.You can also contact Chris Grundy at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.