Cundall team named winner of the Best use of BIM for Sustainability or Constructability
Share this article
Cundall has won a prize at Build Sydney Live 2013. As part of Team Niven Architects, our design of the International Convention Centre Sydney won the Best use of BIM for Sustainability or Constructability category.
The competition saw our Newcastle and Sydney office collaborate together along with the following multidisciplinary team.
• Niven Architects – Architectural Design, Project Lead
• Teesside University - Interior Designer (undergraduates)
• Spatial Designers - Interior Design
• Summers Inman - Project Management / 4D Scheduling / QS
• Realis3D - Visualisation
• Shepherds - Project Coordination
• Rapid 5D - BIM consultants
• Cundall - Structural Engineering
• Cundall - Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (Plus BIM Campus Graduate)
• Cundall – Sustainability Designs
The 48 Hour competition involved a number of Cundall employees who battled sleep deprivation to create an innovative design utilising the latest developments in BIM technology. Please click here to watch a video.
“It was a tough challenge to develop a holistic design which maximised the sustainability potential of the brief and site in 48 hours. It required the whole team to work closely together and has been a great experience in collaborative working for everyone,” said Keith Anderson, Partner in Newcastle.
To find out more about Cundall’s BIM capabilities click here.