Constructing Excellence in the North East in association with Cundall’s Damien Dungworth, Senior Civil Engineer will explain the work he and Cundall are involved in at the Rio 2016 White Water Stadium, an artificial white water canoe slalom venue for the Olympic Games.
This presentation will cover:
- The background to the scheme both during the games and in legacy.
- How the concept we developed for London 2012 has been used and refined based on lessons learnt.
- The principal components of the development including the white water channels, the pumping stations, boat conveyors and the water treatment system.
- A key focus of the presentation is the hydraulic modelling exercises undertaken which include by computational Fluid Dynamics and physical scale modelling in the labs at the Czech Technical University.
- The presentation concludes with interesting opportunities following on from these venues in flood rescue works and river channel works.
The presentation also includes a four minute video of the physical scale hydraulic modelling that Cundall did at the Czech Technical University.
Venue: Cundall, 7th floor, Horsley House, Regent Centre, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 3LU
When: Thursday 8th October 2015
Time: 08.00am – 10.00am
Cost: FREE to CENE Members / £25+VAT Non Members
Click here for more information about the seminar or contact Leanne McAngus on 0191 500 7800 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.